Brightline Train hits truck

mdvle

Since there was some discussion on the thread about the recent Amtrak incident and how the trains deal with road collisions some may find this video interesting as the person filming it walked to the front of the train and shows how the Siemens Charger took the collision.

Ignore the hyping by the video poster - not a massive car crash or a train wreck.

(note that if the comments about the truck being stuck for 4 minutes prior to the collision are true then the collision likely could have been avoided if the truck driver had immediately gotten out and called the phone number located on the crossing gates at almost every grade crossing in North America.  I myself have actually put the relevant phone numbers for around me into my phone so that I have them quickly accessible should I ever witness an issue).

Edited by mdvle

• RMweb Gold

Why didn’t the guy filming call the railway’s attention to the blockage?

”Scary for them.” (About the cab.) 

Yes, undoubtedly, but look how safe it is compared to the cars if flew all over tha place?

Edited by Regularity
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Regularity said:

Because he wouldn't have been able to post his overhyped video.

"Brightline train misses truck, no train wreck" wouldn't go down well with the you tubers

1 hour ago, Regularity said:

1 hour ago, mdvle said:

I myself have actually put the relevant phone numbers for around me into my phone so that I have them quickly accessible should I ever witness an issue).

I think you might be being a bit hard on the guy. I’m pretty sure he couldn’t read the emergency number on the crossing from that distance, and very few people are as organized and prepared as mdvle. I certainly have no idea of the emergency numbers for the railways around here.

Edited by pH

1 hour ago, mdvle said:

… (note that if the comments about the truck being stuck for 4 minutes prior to the collision are true then the collision likely could have been avoided if the truck driver had immediately gotten out and called the phone number located on the crossing gates at almost every grade crossing in North America.  

There is someone, who I assume is the truck driver, who does try to avert the collision. He goes past the truck, stands on the track and waves his arms at the (rapidly) approaching train! Nice try, no cigar!

Edited by pH