Model shops: neither gone nor forgotten!

sjp23480

• RMweb Premium

Frizinghall Models & Railways have been keeping me entertained in the hobby for well over 40 years now having spent many an hour and penny in their shops over the years. Starting (for me) at their long standing shop adjacent to Manningham Park, Bradford, followed by a move down the hill to a Unit style shop just off Canal Road. New owners have overseen another move to another Unit style shop a few miles away between Shipley and Guiseley in connection with their other business 'John Ayrey Models.' Unfortunately for my bank balance this is now far too handy for me being only a couple of miles from my house !

Whilst I don't remember the surnames I would like to thank the original owner (to me) the late Arthur and his fellow cohorts Steven and Ian who worked in the original shop, Stephen then taking on the business himself, whilst not forgetting the current staff Susan, Oliver, Dave and Paul who have always make me feel welcome when I visit and have always provided me with a great service .... currently on a nearly weekly basis !

Well worth a visit if you are in the area .... but not until I've finished buying up their remaining stocks of Farish 37s, please !!

Kind regards,

Ian.

• Like 2