Help With Express Models Lighting & Loksound 5

Mooresby

• RMweb Premium

I'm going to apologise in advance as I suspect that my query will have been answered elsewhere.

I've bought an Express Models lighting kit for a Hornby 47 and have also purchased a Loksound 5 decoder.

The Express instructions state that for a four function decoder (which I think mine is) I should connect the wires on the lighting kit to the corresponding coloured wires on the decoder.

As the attached photo hopefully shows however, the lighting kit has yellow, green, blue, purple and white wires whilst the decoder has red, black, white, pink and green.

If anyone can tell me which wires to connect together I'd be grateful. 

I've emailed Express but haven't had a response as of yet.

TIA

IMG_6262.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 15/07/2022 at 17:02, WIMorrison said:

The other colours you are looking for are going to the 8 pin connector

Thanks for your reply - so presumably I just snip them off the 8 pin and connect them directly to the lighting unit?

OK, its a bit late now, but if doing this sort of installation in a loco, I'd consider changing decoder socket as part of the wiring.   So, buy a Next18 or Plux22 socket PCB.  That would have large solder pads for all the lighting functions, the motor, pickups, stay-alive, speaker,  etc..   Wire that into the loco, then fit a Next18 or Plux22 decoder onto the socket.   
I've found that makes it much easier to have neat wiring runs with only one thing to connect (the socket).  All joints are done onto a cheap decoder socket, no soldering to an expensive decoder.  

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1