Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Simple download kit - English Heritage members

• RMweb Gold

A basic kit to build a model of the Stott Park Bobbin Mill is in the English Heritage members section. Free download therefore for members. I have downloaded it but not printed it off to see what scale it works out at. 

Passed on for information.

Not printed it out just yet, but planned on making it with my daughter during the school holidays. There are 10 other card kits all aimed at children to put together once you login as a member.

Hoping it opens her eyes to future modeling.

• Informative/Useful 1

I  downloaded it last week without and joining or log in  if its any help .It could of course be that it recognised  that the fact I had a MacBook Air  M1  and was therefor a superior being .John Lewis did warn me this would happen when they sold it to me .

• Funny 5

Hi there

I found it here if anyone wants it too:

https://www.english-heritage.org.uk/members-area/kids/kids-industrial-revolution/kids-stott-park/
Seems like you may not need to be a member since it worked for me and I'm not.

Don't forget though kids :

"Ask an adult to download the template and print it out for you, then you can follow the instructions below to build the mill.

Once you’ve completed it, put your model on display to impress your friends"

Thanks for the info @john new - Appreciated

All the best - have a great weekend

Andy

Edited by harris0169
I messed some formatting up
  • Like 1

It would be a pity if they didnt use one of the common recognised model railway scales as clearly there would be a lot of material available - figures, vehicles etc that could be used with the model.

Oh yes, I can get the download with my crappy laptop

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, johnofwessex said:

It would be a pity if they didnt use one of the common recognised model railway scales as clearly there would be a lot of material available - figures, vehicles etc that could be used with the model.

Oh yes, I can get the download with my crappy laptop

As there are a number of different models, some of them very large buildings, getting them to fit into a recognised scale could have been a challenge.