Kato n gauge

Hi 

thanks for letting me join ,my problem is I have a Kato red arrow 5000 4 car EMU and the motor car has a full floor set of plastic seats and it is the only place that you can put a decoder is in that car the motor connectors are in the centre but I can’t remove the seats so how do I fit the decoder thanks

Colin

13C8CE3B-E4DF-48A1-AD16-6C5AE2981AA3.jpeg

7A8D71CF-6978-44F8-9B85-70E5DD1D3229.jpeg

1373A9E7-C777-4CF3-9C3A-520AAF069321.jpeg

10 hours ago, colin gibbons said:

Kato red arrow 5000 4 car EMU

Hi,

It's unlikely that a Kato Japanese outline EMU even supports DCC.

The Digitrax decoder will probably only work with Kato US outline models.

DCC is not very popular in Japan.

Regards,

John P

• RMweb Gold

If the JNS lot can’t help I’d guess that from the pic it follows some other models and you need to release the clips at the left end then as the little moulded arrow indicates slide it right?

2D3FB87B-E30A-47EC-86F1-AAE0198577C0.jpeg.65aa9fe766a7f74275093167c2e5bfce.jpeg

As to the decoder they don’t do one for every model so who recommended this one?

It looks, at a glance, too short as it’s designed for a P42, PA1 or, (slightly oddly a single ended), E8 diesel from the paperwork, some times you can modify the body or chassis to work but there are significant differences in design which is why Digitrax make them for specific models. It may fit but it may be easier to hard wire in a small Zimo decoder if it doesn’t, but that will need you to work out what all the contacts are.