Bachmann Cl45 wont react whilst on sound

Herri

I have just purchased a Bachmann Cl 45 with ESU sound. The loco runs fine with the sound switched off. When I switch the sound on, it will only crawl along. It does not react to the throttle at all. All the sound functions work ok.

I have tried looking (and switching on/off) the functions with the ESU programmer software. I have reset CV8 to 8. No change.

Any ideas?

20 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Have you checked drive lock isnt enabled?

I have heard of this but cant find any reference in my function list from Bachmann. I have looked in the Loksound 5 booklet from ESU but again cant seem to find any thing.

19 hours ago, wiggy1 said:

Did you use your controller to do the CV8=8?

Did you recycle the power after you did CV8=8?

Wiggy.

Not exactly sure what you mean. After writing 8 to CV8, I took the loco off the rail. Closed the programmer software and restarted. Placed the loco back on the rails. No difference.

Another weird thing: When the sound is on and I let it run (it crawls), I turn the power down to zero and it just doesn't stop. Just keeps on running, although the speed scale shows zero (ESU Drivers cab)

8 hours ago, Herri said:

Another weird thing: When the sound is on and I let it run (it crawls), I turn the power down to zero and it just doesn't stop. Just keeps on running, although the speed scale shows zero (ESU Drivers cab)

Thats normal its the decellaration settings you can use the brake key to slow it down

8 hours ago, Herri said:

I have heard of this but cant find any reference in my function list from Bachmann. I have looked in the Loksound 5 booklet from ESU but again cant seem to find any thing.

Its on one of the function keys - should be listed on the functions on the little sheet in the box. Could be F5 maybe?

49 minutes ago, Herri said:

I have found the reference to F5 but unfortunately it does not make any difference, if I press F5 or not.

I cant find any mention of this "Drive hold" in the ESU programmer or booklet.

I suggest you try the decoder on another 21Pin model and try another 21Pin in your Class 45.  This will see if the decoder is at fault or the loco is at fault.

If there is no change then use your lokprogrammer to 'Reblow' this decoder with a new Class 45 sound file.  These can be obtained by E.Mail from:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_69&product_id=74

Hope this helps.    Charlie

Team Biffo.jpg

Thanks to all who helped. I have now found out via a couple of guys on the ESU forum, that somehow the shunt (or drive hold as Bachmann calls it) was mapped to the F1 button. This was not visible on the function mapping page. Hence I couldnt see it. Works fine now😀

• Friendly/supportive 1