RMweb

TRAINTECH SENSOR SIGNALS.

I have a few of these, but there seems to be a problem.

Initial set up works fine, but then the signal goes Red on its own and stays there.

Neither will it change colour with a train passing.

I have tried resetting the default address to no avail.

Other non sensor signals work fine, they just match the address of the point.

Answers any one.

• RMweb Gold

I have lots of TT signals *and indeed much of their other equipment but not sensor ones BUT I looked at the manual http://ccgi.dcpmicro.plus.com/traintech/pdf_manuals/ss_manual.pdf  and does not page 3 help you here?  You can either send a dcc command or wire a switch in to reset the sequence.  I would think once you have reset the sequence would work again??

Support when TT existed was always personal quick and supportive - what it's like now Guagemaster have bought them out I don't know.

• RMweb Premium

Check that the sensor isn't seeing something other than the train passing over, I have had some difficulty with this but mine aren't in ordinary track but somewhat buried in the Overhead railway structure. Is it just one signal that's doing this?

• 1 year later...

Reviving this topic, I have several of the TT sensor signals, and all but one work perfectly. I have been able to set the Accessory Addresses, including separate addresses for the feathers on two of them. The one remaining one I have just installed on the layout recently, and it refuses to accept the chosen address (22). I have tried several other addresses just to make sure it isn't only the desired one that is not being accepted.

At present, it defaults to red, but I can kick it to green by touching one of the side contacts with a screwdriver, but it quickly reverts to red. With all of my attempts to set the address, I have, on a couple of occasions, managed to get it to default to green, which then works as it should when the IR sensor is covered - i.e. it goes to red for a period of time then back to green. However, I want this signal to be able to be overridden to red because it is protecting a point.

I haven't figured out how to reset the built-in decoder to whatever it's default is supposed to be. In fact, I haven't been able to work out what that default address is. 

I do have the manual, and have followed the instructions, but it has so far defeated me.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.

p.s. I also tried the programming on my main lines powered by an NCE Power Pro system, and also on the programming track using a separate NCE Power Cab, but there was no difference to the end result.

1 hour ago, Chris White said:

I'd recommend you contact Gaugemaster, who now own Train-Tech, about replacement of the faulty unit, https://www.gaugemasterretail.com/contacts/

Thanks. However, the signal is a number of years old now, even though I have only just got around to using it. I'll have to see what Gaugemaster say.

• Friendly/supportive 1