STRAIGHTEN BOWED ETCHED 4MM NAMEPLATES

I have had these nameplates for alot of years and went to fix them on my model but they are slightly bowed anyone know the best way if any to straighten them. I have emailed Shawplan and see if Brian has any ideas aswell. At this time I have them sandwiched between two pieces of plastic with a paper clip.

7 minutes ago, locospotter said:

I have had these nameplates for alot of years and went to fix them on my model but they are slightly bowed anyone know the best way if any to straighten them. I have emailed Shawplan and see if Brian has any ideas aswell. At this time I have them sandwiched between two pieces of plastic with a paper clip.

Pull the plate over a round pencil or similar implement whilst exerting GENTLE PRESSURE with a finger.

If you overdo it, simply turn the plate over and repeat in order to remove the excess curvature.

Simples!

CJI.

Problem solved thanks to Brian at Shawplan last night for very quick response, his experience with bowed stainless steel etched nameplates is one method to lay plates on cutting  mat and with 12inch steel engineers rule at 30 degree angle gentle stroke along the bow with moderate pressure until flat again. It worked a treat for me plates back flat. Thanks Brian and Cctransuk.

1 hour ago, locospotter said:

Problem solved thanks to Brian at Shawplan last night for very quick response, his experience with bowed stainless steel etched nameplates is one method to lay plates on cutting  mat and with 12inch steel engineers rule at 30 degree angle gentle stroke along the bow with moderate pressure until flat again. It worked a treat for me plates back flat. Thanks Brian and Cctransuk.

Same principle - different tools.

CJI.