C&L Finescale Slide Chairs 2CH103A

Rowsley17D

23 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi Stephen,

Printer power brick label says 12 volts 4 amps output. An old car battery would be fine. A 12-volt lithium battery would need to be quite large, maybe from a cordless power tool, old laptop, etc.

Printing a batch of 4mm chairs takes about 25 minutes, so it would need to sustain the output for that time.

cheers,

Martin.

A length of suitable cable will no doubt be a lot cheaper. I already have a 12vdc 5 amp supply available and some cable.

Edited by Stephen Freeman
addition
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

Hi John,

The C&L sprue in your picture is labelled K&L and appears to be the same as the current image on the C&L web site.

Jonathan seems to be saying that those are no longer available, and have been replaced with a new design which is faulty

cheers,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

Just for clarity, my new ones are labelled on the sprue K&L, they are just a poor moulding, not a new design, of what is shown in the photo on the C&L website.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just to update this topic, I got a phone call from Phil yesterday 15/09/2022 to say yes, the chairs were faulty and the pin in the tool that makes the undercut for the foot of the rail must have come out or been damaged (sometime ago, I think.) Did I want a replacement pack (where it would have been sourced I don't know) or a refund? As I had used salvaged ones and still have a good stash, I opted for the refund. It was good of Phil to phone, so top marks for customer care. I await the refund.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...