D5369 - transition to blue - dates?

Alex TM

• RMweb Premium

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know when D5639 was repainted form GSYP to BFYE?

I have been looking to add the Heljan model of the above to my small collection on 65A allocated transition era diesels.  It is available in GSYP, and I have photos of her in that livery dating from around 1964.  The next set of images I can find all date from 1972into the TOPS era and show her in BFYE in the same style as class 24/5 etc, i.e. no rap-around yellow on the cabs.  With a view to buying only locos that could have ran together in reality (1970/71) it would be most helpful to know when she was repainted.  I have searched the usual places such as Flickr and DerbySulzers but to no avail.

Any help narrowing down the date would be most welcome.

Thanks and regards for any help.

Alex.

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, Alex TM said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know when D5639 was repainted form GSYP to BFYE?

I have been looking to add the Heljan model of the above to my small collection on 65A allocated transition era diesels.  It is available in GSYP, and I have photos of her in that livery dating from around 1964.  The next set of images I can find all date from 1972into the TOPS era and show her in BFYE in the same style as class 24/5 etc, i.e. no rap-around yellow on the cabs.  With a view to buying only locos that could have ran together in reality (1970/71) it would be most helpful to know when she was repainted.  I have searched the usual places such as Flickr and DerbySulzers but to no avail.

Any help narrowing down the date would be most welcome.

Thanks and regards for any help.

Alex.

Ignore my post.  I picked up the wrong details. 

Edited by 4630
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

D'oh!  @Engineshed many thanks for that.  You do realise that this was one of the places I looked at, yet never noticed the comment regarding the fire and repaint .....  Do you know a good optician?

It looks like the Heljan loco will be fine.

Again, thanks to you, and all who took the time to read look for an answer.

regards,

Alex.