How to stop printed card buildings fading?

After a few weeks away I’ve returned to the modelling den and one of my part finished models has clearly caught the sun! I build most of my card models with Scalescenes brick or stonework printed onto card by an inkjet printer. It has gone rather faded and acquired a pinkish tinge!

Other than the obvious - keeping the curtains drawn - is there anything else I can do to prevent this? Any varnish that might protect? Or would a better quality printer make a difference?

Many thanks - never considered that too much sun could be a problem in Yorkshire!

UV window film. Inexpensive and can get mirrored finish. We used it at my last company on south facing windows in our print shop. We used UV sensitive inks with no problem. I've used it in my railway rood, but have northwest facing windows, so only get sun very late on summer evenings.

On 29/08/2022 at 22:17, TomJ said:

Other than the obvious - keeping the curtains drawn - is there anything else I can do to prevent this? Any varnish that might protect? Or would a better quality printer make a difference?

I sprayed my home made cardboard buildings (inkjet printed) with simple 'waterproofing' spray; the stuff you use on umbrellas, shoes, coats and the like. Not had any fading after over 5-years.

Ian