Can't see any images!

Torper

• RMweb Premium

I'd be grateful for any help on this issue. Basically, whenever I click on a link to an image file, whether jpg, png, jpeg, etc., I get a black page with what seems to be a tiny image in the centre.  Put the cursor on that and a circle containing a plus sign appears.  Click on that and I get a new page with the message "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."  The document tree is: 

<Error>

<Code>AccessDenied</Code>

<Message>Access Denied</Message>

<RequestId>0NGKWYGMWN11TBP4</RequestId>

<HostId>6Y+YJPq5deTmpgm7a9hz48aRU+PuBefy3dShr387UXeHBO7hRBUMJlGnhYAq8j/mTAT4S+rx+8Q=</HostId>

</Error>

Has anyone any idea what can be causing this?  I'm using Windows 10Pro and It happens whatever browser I use (Firefox, Edge and Vivaldi) and only seems to happen on RMWeb.  It's only started happening fairly recently.  As it doesn't seem to happen to anyone else I think it must be unique to my PC (probably I've unwittingly done something) - any ideas anyone?

DT

Addendum:  It does the same thing using my wife's PC and when I use my Android tablet.  Problem with the router?  But why only RMWeb?

Edited by Torper

• RMweb Premium

Further to the above, I mentioned it to a friend of mine in the village.  He's never used RMWeb, but I directed him to the site and using his computer, his router and his ISP (different from mine) he too found that clicking on the image link he was getting a black page with a tiny image which, when clicked, brought the XML file message to which I referred.  That suggests that the problem is not my PC, my router, or my ISP.

Having said that, it's not universal.  I'm finding pictures show up fine in most threads.  I've found the problem in several threads over the last few weeks, but the latest one is headed "Paint mixer'stirrer" in the "Weathering Painting and Transfers" thread.  The posting by Fulton (fifth from the top) has a link to paint-shaker.jpg.  That brings up the black page.  Directly underneath that there's a posting by Rosspop which has an image that appears perfectly, no need to click on anything.  A bit further down there's a posting by 57xx that has a link to a jpg file that gives a black page again.  Or if I go to https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/168450-tools-jigs-and-others-useful-ideas/#comment-4644782 none of the .jpg images posted by heavymetalwagons work.  But looking at random on other threads images seem to show up fine, no need to click on anything.  Could it be that the files I've mentioned are just corrupted in some way?

DT

• RMweb Premium

See this topic

Pictures between certain dates were lost in the change of hosting.

I notice in one of the links you have mentioned the pictures are missing for me as well.  Unless the original poster can upload a replacement, then all the pictures are lost I'm afraid.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that - that explains it.  I had heard that some pictures had been lost, but had been under the mistaken impression that they were old pictures dating back some years, not relatively modern ones.

DT