WW1 theme 1922 bus mods

GWR-fan

While a little outside the timeframe and slightly overscale,  I decided to modify a couple of 1922 buses to go with my Ambulance train and WW1 figures from Bachmann.    I purchased a few buses in obscure liveries to modify.  The olive drab paint is from Tamiya and was a leftover from years ago when my son was heavily into military 1/35 scale models.  There was just enough paint to do the two buses.  While not prototypical,  I decided to convert one bus to a single deck troop carrier for variety and the second as a flatbed to perhaps cart coffins,  hence the black livery.   The flatbed shape was dictated by the scant amount of styrene that I had leftover from years ago.

ww1a (2).JPG

Thankyou, but for a few dollars each I will be happy with these to simplify matters.  A couple that I have are in "Manor Hospital" livery.  During the war I believe that the armed services would requisition stately homes to use as hospital/recovery wards so these also will be used.  The vehicles will be foreground models so the size discrepancy would not be so noticeable and the modified trucks could represent a larger vehicle to scale out close to "OO" standards.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Thankyou, but for a few dollars each I will be happy with these to simplify matters.  A couple that I have are in "Manor Hospital" livery.  During the war I believe that the armed services would requisition stately homes to use as hospital/recovery wards so these also will be used.  The vehicles will be foreground models so the size discrepancy would not be so noticeable and the modified trucks could represent a larger vehicle to scale out close to "OO" standards.

I don't think any stately homes were requisitioned during the First World War - this is more a Second World War thing - but several were offered by their owners to be used as hospitals, including Highclere (where Downton Abbey was filmed).

• Like 1

Technically the Kiel Kraft Foden is the C-type that wasn't launched until the 20s. The WW1 model is the 'Foden 5 ton'. Which has squarer panels down the side of the boiler rather than flared. Traction engine steering rather than Ackerman and a number of other differences.

But you may consider the differences small enough to suit your needs.

• Informative/Useful 1