Digitrax DCS 210+ Track Status light out

retbsignalman

Hi!

I've struck a problem with my Digitrax DCS210+ ...... The Track Status light has gone out and having checked for shorts I have, to double check connected it to a separate piece of track - with the same result. The switches are in the correct positions and I've read the manual but can't find the answer! Any help gratefully received, thanks in advance!

Graeme

Hi,

I think we need more information to determine what’s going on, is the db210 the only equipment on, not connected to anything even any test track, is there voltage on the rail A/B connector. What is the power supply for the db210, how old is the db210.

Edited by Andymsa

1 hour ago, Oldddudders said:

The track status light only illuminates when the throttle turns on track power.

I'm not too sure what you meant there Ian, as I was of the opinion it was constantly on from switching on, however I have got the simple separate track wired up, the throttle set to make the loco move and put the tester on, but still nothing unfortunately 20221002_133929.jpg.5d39a07d6ddb1c35e0ff8ad3826512ff.jpg

20221002_134218.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Take your DT602, and press the large bottom left switch to the right (it is a rocker switch, so left and right presses do different things). You should now, above buttons A,B and C have three options Track On, Track Off and Power Off. Press A and your track status light should illuminate. 

1 minute ago, Andymsa said:

Without trying to sound patronising has it worked before is this the first time your trying the db210

No, not at all. 

I had an issue with the programming track wires (they got damaged during installation) which I have replaced with the red wires (no joints en route). It was after their replacement this situation came up.

Prior to this I was using it for about a month. 

No stranger to DCC btw having had Lenz equipment for about 16 years previously,  but every day is a school day etc!

21 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Take your DT602, and press the large bottom left switch to the right (it is a rocker switch, so left and right presses do different things). You should now, above buttons A,B and C have three options Track On, Track Off and Power Off. Press A and your track status light should illuminate. 

And problem solved! Massive thanks to Olddudders and Andymsa for all their help! Very much appreciated 

Graeme 

Ok I think I know what’s happened or a good guess. If I’m understanding correctly previously the track status would come on when the switch was set to run. But it stopped doing that, if this is the case the internal ops setting of the DB210+ have been changed that controls that function or your internal batt on the 210 needs changing as this is what retains any internal settings. Or it could be possible you may have inadvertently set the switch to the OP and changed something.

• RMweb Gold

Hooray! Digitrax instrucciones are famously poor, but the kit is complicated, so getting it wrong is normal at this stage! I've had my DCS100 since 1998, and used it with multiple different generations of throttles. The DT602 is might complex. BTW, at the end of your session, press that right-hand end of the bottom left switch, and hit B - Track Off. Then hit C, Power Off, to turn off the throttle and save the battery. 

2 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Hooray! Digitrax instrucciones are famously poor, but the kit is complicated, so getting it wrong is normal at this stage! I've had my DCS100 since 1998, and used it with multiple different generations of throttles. The DT602 is might complex. BTW, at the end of your session, press that right-hand end of the bottom left switch, and hit B - Track Off. Then hit C, Power Off, to turn off the throttle and save the battery. 

hence why I have kept my DT300 😀

5 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

That's the one I never had! 100, 200, 400, 402D, 500 (not much change) and now the 602. I also have some UT4s somewhere. 

I got the 400 but couldn’t get on with it, I got the 602 but not had a chance to use it yet properly