The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Amazon Firestick in UK - specifically re TV5monde from France

Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

Does anyone on here have Amazon Firestick and could they please check if they can get the French TV channel TV5monde?

Until late 2018 TV5M was on a free to air satellite but they made it internet only to save money.  It doesn't seem to be available online properly and not via internet connection on TV.  Acc to their website it's available in the UK via Amazon Firestick but I'm reluctant to pay money if it doesn't work.  Needless to say all the 'info' on Amazon wants to push Prime, Netflix, Disney etc etc.

If anyone could check they actually get live transmissions via Firestick I'd be very grateful.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, trevora said:

Thanks, that link works on pc but it's a bit of a faff watching say 90 min movie on desktop.  Bizarrely connecting to t'internet on my LG tv brings up that page but won't play (says 'chargement de lecteur' (video loading?))*  I can play plenty of other internet stuff on the tv without needing an app but this won't go.

*Both pc and tv are connected to same hub of course

Edited by Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, teaky said:

I cannot answer your question specifically but TV5monde is viewable on YouTube which may provide an alternative way of viewing it via your TV.

I'll recheck but I think the problem is it's just a selection that they've chosen for you.  You can't look at today's schedule and think 'I'll watch that'

Edited by Metr0Land

• RMweb Gold

Yes you can get a TV5monde app on a UK Fire TV.

It seems a bit buggy though with the menu stuffed up in one corner. Possibly because my TV is 4K but it is useable.

IMG_3830.jpg.a3145185f13ae255f59fa5b941bdb0c3.jpg

Edited by 30801
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Yes, you can get apps on Amazon Fire for TC5Monde and for TV5Monde Plus.  On my HD but non-4k TV the former seems to work normally, full screen piucture with text "TVMonde5 Europe" in the top left corner of the screen - it doesn't interfere with the picture any more than similar station logos tend to.  I don't get that great big menu in the top left like 30801 got.  However, I'm not at all sure that you can watch live TVMonde5 - as far as I could see it was like a catch up type programme.  I also believe that you can stream it on Roku, which has apparently just signed a new distribution deal with TVMonde5Plus.

DT

• Thanks 1