V-skip frame dimensions wanted

tom q vaxy

would anyone have a link to a V-skip manufacturer? a few general dimensions would be helpful and i can fudge the parts in between. it would be in the 600 mm track gauge range.

i want to try making a frame. the individual manufacturer's details aren't important as i am still on the quest to determine if 1:12 scale is right for me.

thanks

Edited by tom q vaxy

thank you both for the information. i'm soon to be running out of excuses to get building!

i'd really like to print the Koppel chart in scale for a wall hanging on a workshop or dispatcher's office wall.

the Hudson catalog is a real find and i'm sure as i pour through it there will be more details i can attempt to recreate.

thanks Guys

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, tom q vaxy said:

the Hudson catalog is a real find 

I started by looking at my photos of the narrow gauge wagons in the Amberley Museum, which I and assorted grandchildren and nephews have visited a number of times. I saw a mention of Hudson wagons in one of the information panels I had snapped. After that it was a simple Google search that led me to the catalogue. It seems to be an extensive resource for those modelling, or just interested in, narrow gauge industrial railways. Tom Bell is to be commended for making it available on line.

• Like 1

If you want a naughty shortcut in 1:12, the LGB 42430 one scales very close to one of the smaller Koppel ones (0.75 cubic metres I think). 

There are several wagons in the LGB range past and present that use the same chassis, all suitable 1:12 fodder.

Edited by Nearholmer
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

i'm so naive about this BIG stuff i haven't even gotten to explore the LGB line/ track gauge. seems like i'm too busy reinventing the wheel!

since i have no qualms about using Bachmann on30 tippers in 1:35 scale narrow gauge, i'm hardly the type that would grimace at a few millimeters here and there. 

thanks for the 'heads-up'

LGB make, or have made over the years, two sub-ranges of feldbahn material, one based on the skip chassis, which scales out somewhere in the direction of 1:14 to 1:12, and one (which I use) based around a fairly accurate model of a WW2 heeresfeldbahn 4W open wagon, which scales out somewhere in the direction of 1:19 (various dimensions scale between about 1:20 and 1:18).

Of the skip-chassis-based ones, I can think of: a small box wagon; a wine barrel wagon; a flat wagon that often comes with a different scale fork-lift truck; and, a pair of timber bolsters. There may be others that I’ve forgotten. If you scour eBay, they all emerge from time-to-time, being quite common because they were included in various starter train-sets.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 year later...