Oberursel - a small terminus in West Germany

Robatron86

Evening all,

I felt it was time to share my first German layout build. BW Oberursel. 8ft by 18 inches. It's a fictional BW set around Oberursel. Most of the rolling stock is mid to late '80's Fleischmann.

PXL_20220822_163710033~2.jpg

PXL_20221008_094426252~2.jpg

PXL_20220823_094108826.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

PXL_20220930_184021026.MOTION-01.COVER.jpg

Edited by Robatron86
  • Like 11

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, WM183 said:

Wonderful collection. Will you be using DCC? Some of those tiny things must be terribly difficult to install decoders in?

I think it’s HO scale - Fleischmann had quite an extensive HO range for many years, as well as a strong N scale offering, and has only focused exclusively on N in recent years (since merging with Roco under common ownership).

1 hour ago, WM183 said:

Wonderful collection. Will you be using DCC? Some of those tiny things must be terribly difficult to install decoders in?

Thank you. Another one arrived today, a V200 diesel. No, I'll be using DC. I have a soft spot for the Fleischmann of old and I don't wish to modify them, although it would be relatively straightforward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

I think it’s HO scale - Fleischmann had quite an extensive HO range for many years, as well as a strong N scale offering, and has only focused exclusively on N in recent years (since merging with Roco under common ownership).

Yes, you are correct. Vintage HO Fleischmann.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

DOH! So it is! 

18 hours ago, Robatron86 said:

Thank you. Another one arrived today, a V200 diesel. No, I'll be using DC. I have a soft spot for the Fleischmann of old and I don't wish to modify them, although it would be relatively straightforward.

I do also. I have a BR 86 and a BR 94, and love them, ringfield noise and all. Plus, they're available at excellent prices!

• Robatron86 changed the title to Oberursel - a small terminus in West Germany

I have been quiet for a while on here, but I've been busy with my West German layout. 

So, I've changed direction. It will no longer be a BW, but a small terminus instead. The board has been extended by a foot to accommodate some changes in the fiddle yard, so the size is now 9ft by 18inches. It will be a snow scene, with suitable stock for steam or diesel operations.

IMG_20230214_221302.jpg

IMG_20230206_205058.jpg

IMG_20230204_220419.jpg

PXL_20230325_180524584.jpg

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...