DLP 3D Printers for Rail Models?

I've seen quite a few videos reviewing Anycubic's new Photon D2 DLP printer (i.e. resin with mirror projected 'laser' rather than masked screen). The results as shown on wargaming / fantasy miniatures look amazing, and the technology itself seems intuitively more efficient than the masked types. e.g.

Has anyone tried railway type models with printers using this technology?

All the demos I've seen have been printing fantasy type models, with intricate patterns and organic shapes etc (which can help obscure layering etc). So I'd be interested to see what results look like with the more flat sided type shapes we tend to print for wagons etc.

I haven't actually used my original Anycubic Photon for about a year, mainly just because I've been distracted onto other things, but now feeling technology might have moved on enough for it to be time for an update?

J

Hi

I have the first Photon Ultra, and love it's detail, does it do things better than my old creality halot? With my eye I honestly can't see a difference.

However having never to swap any of the inside out is a big bonus for me, like has been said, the build volume is quite restrictive.

This image is of an excavator printed on my ultra (model from someone on tinkercad) , I know its not a rail model but it is the same scale and for a quary area on my layout, as you can see there are some very thin parts that the printer copes with very well, have to take time removing supports though 😀 

20221024_193541.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2