A few trains near Cassel (Nord) Saturday 15 Oct 2022

Gordonwis

Drove over for the weekend to visit the Boulogne Model railway Club's 50th anniversary show. Good weather was forecast to arrive after about 10am so decided to spend much of the Saturday by the Hazebrouck - Dunkerque line 

Left home at 5.20 am to get the 07.50 tunnel shuttle (booked on 08.30 but got a free run onto the earlier shuttle)

After raiding a Boulangerie in Bourbourg, I drove cross country to a bucolic level crossing near Zuytpeene (a VERY flemish bit of France!)

IMG_7978.JPG

IMG_8058.JPG 2.JPG

IMG_8079.JPG2.JPG

IMG_7985.JPG2.JPG

• Like 10

19 hours ago, Pacific231G said:

Hi Gordon

So how was the Boulogne show?

Very good.

I will try and post some video when I've got it transferred from my phone.

Even as an N gauger, one of the highlights was digital sound O gauge 140Cs - with smoke fluid as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 20/10/2022 at 12:07, ianp said:

It always amazes me how little protection some French railway tracks have in terms of fences, barriers and gates. They really do rely on the public not to be stupid or malevolent.

and in Switzerland, and in Germany, and in ..., and in...

• RMweb Gold
On 20/10/2022 at 13:07, ianp said:

It always amazes me how little protection some French railway tracks have in terms of fences, barriers and gates. They really do rely on the public not to be stupid or malevolent.

The nanny state was up and running in the C19, so every yard of railway in the UK must be fenced by law. And where the locals decide to make a shortcut by cutting that fence then the railway is still liable for any injury or loss of life that results.