BEMO Ge 4/4 ii - doesn't work

TT-Pete

Hello All,

I have acquired a very cheap Bemo Ge 4/4 ii unboxed and without instructions

ge44ii-1.JPG.a9f37e2173985597c6705b9aa6076f30.JPG

It doesn't work so I want to pop the body off to have a look, I've had a prod and a poke, but can't see any immediately obvious way of unclipping it - I assume if lifts off?

ge44ii-2.JPG.8a714a02d151915655c8e52b7f71d6a1.JPG

The battery box is slightly loose and wobbles a bit, does it come off to reveal a retaining screw? If so, how, or is there a different way of getting in?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, TT-Pete said:

Hello All,

I have acquired a very cheap Bemo Ge 4/4 ii unboxed and without instructions

ge44ii-1.JPG.a9f37e2173985597c6705b9aa6076f30.JPG

It doesn't work so I want to pop the body off to have a look, I've had a prod and a poke, but can't see any immediately obvious way of unclipping it - I assume if lifts off?

ge44ii-2.JPG.8a714a02d151915655c8e52b7f71d6a1.JPG

The battery box is slightly loose and wobbles a bit, does it come off to reveal a retaining screw? If so, how, or is there a different way of getting in?

Thanks.

I honestly thought mine just lifted off, but it stays in its box most of the time!

Excellent!  The thing to be aware of - as you may have already realised! - is to make sure that when you are taking the body off, the bodyside windows stay on the body.   Halved cocktail sticks (four of them!) are you friend here, so you can make sure that the pointy bits go inside the windows rather than outside.  With four cocktail sticks correctly placed the body should just slide off very nicely.  I'd also take the couplings off first too,  before doing this, and possibly also the snow ploughs, as both are easy to remove and replace again when you're finished.  

• Informative/Useful 1