Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Great British Model Railway Show, Gaydon. 29th & 30th October

dasatcopthorne

• RMweb Premium

Seriously tempted to go Sunday, toy trains + 1:1 scale cars a win win for me; but looking at a 2 and a half hour car journey or 4 hour train journey (with added fun of bustitution) neither option looking attractive. :-/

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/10/2022 at 10:21, dasatcopthorne said:

I haven't seen this mentioned yet on here and less than a week to go.

Carshalton & Sutton MRC are taking 'Eight Dollar Canyon' along for a rare appearance.

Came and say hello. Plenty of trains running round and even more motive power.

Dave.

2010_0417BognorShow0048.JPG

EightDollarTolworth2.jpg

_AV_1984.JPG

You had more running than many of the layouts. One just over the way from you unfortunately was commented on by one family as 'oh its a static model' You all seemed to be having a very relaxed time every time I looked across from our stand. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just to add my two penn'orth of thanks to all concerned for this show, the third now I have attended at this venue and much enjoyed.  I was surprised to recognise a couple of layouts from previous exhibitions I have visited - is this the start of becoming a 'professional show-goer'?  These, and the other stands and models, were much appreciated, and I hope will give me the inspiration to start modelling again soon.

Again, I am not quite sure I found every layout in the programme, but the venue's floor-plan is becoming more familiar to me, and it was good to see several youngsters and families.  Full marks to the operator I saw of the loud and popular 'Funville' for stamina.  I hope this leads to new adherents to the hobby in years to come.  Thank you to 'Welby Lane' for their free information sheet on the Derby R. & D. vehicles modelled to be seen.  And thank you to all concerned, for another splendid show.  I am ashamed to admit it has only just dawned on me how much work is involved exhibiting, and I look forward to 2023's.  Many thanks.

As an aside, does anyone know if the 'lively' vintage shuttle 'bus on Saturday gets a grant or payment?  If not, I owe them three years' donations.

Edited by C126
Next year is 2023.
  • Like 1