Great British Model Railway Show, Gaydon. 29th & 30th October

dasatcopthorne

• RMweb Premium

Seriously tempted to go Sunday, toy trains + 1:1 scale cars a win win for me; but looking at a 2 and a half hour car journey or 4 hour train journey (with added fun of bustitution) neither option looking attractive. :-/

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 24/10/2022 at 10:21, dasatcopthorne said:

I haven't seen this mentioned yet on here and less than a week to go.

Carshalton & Sutton MRC are taking 'Eight Dollar Canyon' along for a rare appearance.

Came and say hello. Plenty of trains running round and even more motive power.

Dave.

2010_0417BognorShow0048.JPG

EightDollarTolworth2.jpg

_AV_1984.JPG

You had more running than many of the layouts. One just over the way from you unfortunately was commented on by one family as 'oh its a static model' You all seemed to be having a very relaxed time every time I looked across from our stand. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Just to add my two penn'orth of thanks to all concerned for this show, the third now I have attended at this venue and much enjoyed.  I was surprised to recognise a couple of layouts from previous exhibitions I have visited - is this the start of becoming a 'professional show-goer'?  These, and the other stands and models, were much appreciated, and I hope will give me the inspiration to start modelling again soon.

Again, I am not quite sure I found every layout in the programme, but the venue's floor-plan is becoming more familiar to me, and it was good to see several youngsters and families.  Full marks to the operator I saw of the loud and popular 'Funville' for stamina.  I hope this leads to new adherents to the hobby in years to come.  Thank you to 'Welby Lane' for their free information sheet on the Derby R. & D. vehicles modelled to be seen.  And thank you to all concerned, for another splendid show.  I am ashamed to admit it has only just dawned on me how much work is involved exhibiting, and I look forward to 2023's.  Many thanks.

As an aside, does anyone know if the 'lively' vintage shuttle 'bus on Saturday gets a grant or payment?  If not, I owe them three years' donations.

Edited by C126
Next year is 2023.
  • Like 1