Duplicate notifications

I have email notifications switched on for most of the topics that I follow. Just recently, though, I've started getting duplicate emails for some notifications. For example, comment 4968245 in the Hornby TT:120 thread sent me two identical notifications, as did comment 4967944 earlier today.

I have checked the headers of the emails, and they are genuinely being sent twice - they have different Message IDs, and, in the case of the earlier notification, were sent at different times (one second apart!). They're also coming from two different IP addresses on AmazonSES. So it is definitely a problem at the system end, not something that's happened in the course of transmission or at my end.

The somewhat bizarre thing, though, is that it isn't happening every time. I've had 14 notifications so far today, of which three have been duplicated. And it only seems to be happening in the Hornby TT:120 thread, although that may just be because it's such a busy thread that it's the one I'm getting by far the most notifications for.

It isn't really a major problem right now, as the number of duplicates isn't enough to be irritating. But I thought I'd mention it now, just in case it's something which has the potential to get worse if not looked at sooner rather than later.