Resources for CAD drawing and 3D Printing

I'm trying to build some scenery items for my layout in CAD and then 3D print them. The biggest of which will be a footbridge and maybe a signal box however I'm thinking about the more mundane items that may be found around the layout such as electrical cabinets and everyday type items that may exist in a workshop such as tool boxes and lockers and stuff. I'm wondering if anyone has amassed a collection of drawings that are of such items. Some items I maybe wouldn't have access to day to day and trying to find dimensioned drawings on the internet for somethings is difficult. Any and all help appreciated.

yeggi.com is a portal for most of the 3D printing repository sites.  Putting things into the search bar there like "free model locker" or whatever usually results in a handful of useful free files to download ( and about 543554 irrelevant hits!)

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Thanks 1

I do not know what area or period you are modelling, but the old Model Railway News (later Model Railways) magazine ran a series of articles called LMS lineside in the mid 1970s which had items like that. Everything from ballast bins, bike sheds, mileposts, outside loos up to LNWR stable blocks was covered. I have some of these scanned and can probably access the rest if needed. A lot of this infrastructure lasted well beyond LMS days of course. PM me if this is of interest to you. 

• 3 weeks later...