Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Britain’s Railways in the 1980’s

Going2theDogs

Hi All,

Received an email this morning from Key publishing.

It was for a new bookazine called ‘Britain’s Railways in the 1980s.

This was for pre-order but for anyone with interest in this transitional decade it should be worth a read.

Enjoy your weekend.

C3E7220B-F7EE-4883-9F5F-FD78B0DF9E37.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Nothing on my local WHSmiths which as per usual resembles the result of an explosion at a church jumble sale and inquiries of the staff just get blank stares.

• RMweb Premium

Given my local WHSmith's utter hoplelessness I would have been happy to purchase direct from the publisher but now the Royal Mail has ground to a halt, there isn't much point as it will probably into February now before it arrives as that is how bad the backlog of post has got down this way.

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

Given my local WHSmith's utter hoplelessness I would have been happy to purchase direct from the publisher but now the Royal Mail has ground to a halt, there isn't much point as it will probably into February now before it arrives as that is how bad the backlog of post has got down this way.

Might still be worth trying the Publisher route as I've just had a book sent from Scotland, posted Tuesday and arrived today in outer Leeds on a Sunday, so not all terrible with RM at the moment, much better than a previous small package from an Ebay buy that took nearly 2 weeks to arrive and it wasn't the seller's fault.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Ian.

• 2 weeks later...