Downloadable custom road signs

acg5324

• RMweb Premium

I had a link to a site on the Internet that allowed you to make your own road signs and download them. The link now takes you to the Railway Modellers forum only. Does anyone know if the facility is still there or has been shifted elsewhere. Have searched pages of Goggle without any joy.

TIA.

I found this on t'intertubes that may be of use - you'll probably need to scale them to a suitable size. It's the official HMG site and it's free. The document is very wordy but all the signs are there under various chapters. Do remember though, in the UK road signs are adapted to the posted road speed and the height of the numbers and letters (the x - height) is directly related to the speed. Generally, the higher the speed the bigger the sign. The TSRD (Traffic Signs Regulations and Directions) gives the details.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/traffic-signs-manual

Cheers,

Philip

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

@acg5324 I did think of another possible source. When I were a lad and Noah had just got his master's ticket, you could buy for about 1/9d (IIRC) a copy of the Highway Code in full glorious colour and within it were most of the (what were then the 'new') road signs. Once cut out and pasted onto thin card, the back having been painted in the regulation grey, you had a very acceptable road sign - well, when I was younger, they were acceptable.. If you wanted/needed every road sign or duplicates, you had to buy additional copies, natch. Question is ........ can you still buy the Highway Code in softback?

Cheers,

Philip

PS: Paper maps sometimes have a selection of road signs.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Philou said:

@acg5324 I did think of another possible source. When I were a lad and Noah had just got his master's ticket, you could buy for about 1/9d (IIRC) a copy of the Highway Code in full glorious colour and within it were most of the (what were then the 'new') road signs. Once cut out and pasted onto thin card, the back having been painted in the regulation grey, you had a very acceptable road sign - well, when I was younger, they were acceptable.. If you wanted/needed every road sign or duplicates, you had to buy additional copies, natch. Question is ........ can you still buy the Highway Code in softback?

Cheers,

Philip

PS: Paper maps sometimes have a selection of road signs.

You still can….

• Like 1