Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold members only.

Airfix / High Level 58xx P4

• RMweb Gold

Airfix / High Level 58xx P4

An Airfix 14xx converted to a 58xx, detailed with the Mainly Trains detailing kit (chimney, smoke box etc) seperate fire iron loops on the rear, open bunker, tool box relocation (I think), separate handrails. etched plates but no logos.  High Level chassis (but no motor or gearbox)

it’s missing a few parts that were scavenged for other projects while in storage (notably the vents on the tank tops, smoke box door dart) while the rear was drilled for but never fitted with lamp irons.

I have had the chassis running a long time back, then melted the motor contacts soldering on wires (I’ve no idea how).   It’s now very tight, probably the quartering is out when the wheels were refitted.  It’s missing s crank pin nut.

I had bought a set of  Ultrascales (listed separately) but never fitted them. It currently has a set of Gibsons. 

it’s just one of those projects which eill

never be finished.  I had harboured thoughts about an eventual small P4 cheddar valley layout.  But I think now if I went down that route I’d more likely go OO and Kingsbridge branch to make use of Brent’s stock.  

• Advertiser
    The Fatadder
  • Date
    21/11/22
  • Price
    £35
  • Category