Recent NER Announcements

Things seem to be coming thick and fast for the NER modeller in 4mil.

First we had the Heljan/Rails petrol-electric railcar, then the Accurascale chaldrons arrived. This latter company recently announced NER 15 and 20-ton hopper wagons. Slaters had already released its P7 hopper and birdcage brake van, and, of course, TMC has had a Bachmann-manufactured Class O announced for some time.

Now, we have the Rapido H Class announced.

Full disclosure, I knew this was coming, as I'm sure did at least three other regular RMWebbers, but I was under an NDA. Naturally I was thrilled, and am now delighted that the announcement is out in the open.

It is said that Richmond saw one in 1915 when the Catterick Camp railway was under-construction. The number was not, I think, recorded.  This gives me the excuse to purchase No. 1303 NER lined black:

image.png.5001d38e23ef9b75fa977e0562914a2b.png

I think I will pass on the Wilson Worsdell green livery because the first batch model is the slightly simplified preserved version.

I certainly do not have a pretext for No.24, but this must be a first for T W Worsdell's livery in RTR and it should make for a very attractive model: 

image.png.05b1c76dbd21e78a7e4cc700c828422d.png

• Like 8
  • Funny 1