Dismantle a lima 0 gauge coach

Shedmaster 47

hello Folks, 

I know it nay sound like ime a pure novice , ( in this scale however I am ) BUT  just how do I get inside a Mk1 Lima coach in this scale , as the second hand offering I have acquired seams to have been welded shut !!! 

I've no desire to cause any damage

ALSO  I would like to fit interior  lights at some point,  can anyone  point me in the direction of buying metal wheelsets  ,as this one has plastic ones !!!

Many thanks .

Allan 

It's a while since I did mine but I seem to remember the roof unclips from the sides by prising the tops of the sides out slightly. 

The bogies are completely wrong (they're the ones off their continental coaches). I used Easybuild bogies which come with metal wheels.

Hi Allan, the windows in the end doors need to be very carefully pushed in as they have moulded clips on the upper edges. The roof can then be lifted off. Be very careful as the clear plastic is very brittle. I too have used Easy build bogies, or Triangle big big train bogies (b4) with metal wheels from Pear tree engineering. Good luck with your conversions. Kevin.

I changed my bogies to Kirks southern bogies (£6 a set) and used Roxy wheels, although any 3ft 7in wheel would do.

This was a cheap fix that brought the coach up to the level of my scale coaches. They didn't look too bad. I also changed the buffer heads to oval white metal, and added rubbing plates to the corridor ends.

Best wishes,

Paul