DCC Sound Question - Loco #1 (08 Shunter)

Art Dent

Hello,

This is the first of three queries about DCC Sound-equipped locos (all with Zimo chips)

I have mislaid all the info on these locos and what sounds are allocated to which FN.

First off - a Dapol 08 Shunter

Fitted with a Zimo MX645R and stay-alive.

Purchased from Digitrains, Lincoln and fitted by them with a Paul Chetter sound project.

I think it was one of Paul's early 'Active Drive' versions (dating from March 2017 or 2018?)

Can anyone please help with a list of FN keys?

Everything is currently boxed up whilst a major house refurbishment is taking place, so don't have access to a programming/test track.

Thanks in advance,

Art

Thanks Nick.

It is a sheet like that that I have mislaid.

Currently unable to pop the loco on a test track to try out the function buttons due to house rennovation and evrything being packed away.

At least the locos were i a readily-accessible box!

All the best for Christmas.

Art

8 minutes ago, Art Dent said:

Thanks Nick.

It is a sheet like that that I have mislaid.

Currently unable to pop the loco on a test track to try out the function buttons due to house rennovation and evrything being packed away.

At least the locos were i a readily-accessible box!

All the best for Christmas.

Art

I 'think' the functions are the same, I can pop a sheet in the post after christmas if you need one having 8 class 08's sound fitted I have plenty spare!

Hi Nick, that's very kind of you.

No need to send me one however, I'll use the picture you kindly posted.

I'll also have a furtle about in the storage boxes to see if I can find the command station & programming track in the meantime!

Update:  (several hours later - success - I found the command station & programming track.  Just need the time to check things out now)

Art

Edited by Art Dent
Update to post
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Art Dent said:

Hello,

This is the first of three queries about DCC Sound-equipped locos (all with Zimo chips)

I have mislaid all the info on these locos and what sounds are allocated to which FN.

First off - a Dapol 08 Shunter

Fitted with a Zimo MX645R and stay-alive.

Purchased from Digitrains, Lincoln and fitted by them with a Paul Chetter sound project.

I think it was one of Paul's early 'Active Drive' versions (dating from March 2017 or 2018?)

Can anyone please help with a list of FN keys?

Everything is currently boxed up whilst a major house refurbishment is taking place, so don't have access to a programming/test track.

Thanks in advance,

Art

If you look on the Digitrains website and click on the sound project you bought , it should show all the relevant functions for that project.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Albie the plumber said:

If you look on the Digitrains website and click on the sound project you bought , it should show all the relevant functions for that project.

Hi Albie,

Looks like I've found the correct list thanks to you ...

Zimo 08 ActiveDrive Soundfile (Paul Chetter)

Kind regards and Merry Christmas

Art