programing function buttons

malc125

Hi I hope someone has the answer. I normally use decorder pro and sprogII and have no problem programing decoders, however a Loksound V3.0 / V3.5 decoder doesn't show function map window in decoder pro its greyed out. I'm fitting a smoke unit and by default settings works with F1 which is also the sound on. I want to move the smoke unit to an empty function so I can have sound but not smoke. I programed 4 into CV213 and CV216 to work on F12 It worked as I wanted to but only if I hold F12 down, releasing it switches off the smoke unit. So the question is how or is it possible to make F12 work like a toogle switch i.e. push on then push off? Have searched forum and notice there are very few posts regarding programing decoders, would like to increase my knowledge and I think a few others might find it useful.

• RMweb Gold

Hi I hope someone has the answer. I normally use decorder pro and sprogII and have no problem programing decoders, however a Loksound V3.0 / V3.5 decoder doesn't show function map window in decoder pro its greyed out. I'm fitting a smoke unit and by default settings works with F1 which is also the sound on. I want to move the smoke unit to an empty function so I can have sound but not smoke. I programed 4 into CV213 and CV216 to work on F12 It worked as I wanted to but only if I hold F12 down, releasing it switches off the smoke unit. So the question is how or is it possible to make F12 work like a toogle switch i.e. push on then push off? Have searched forum and notice there are very few posts regarding programing decoders, would like to increase my knowledge and I think a few others might find it useful.

The change needs to be made in the controlling system, (JMRI or your DCC system) not in the decoder.

Andi

The change needs to be made in the controlling system, (JMRI or your DCC system) not in the decoder.

Andi

Yes, latching or momentary settings of function buttons is done in DCC system not in decoders.

Dial up address of loco then set required function # to latch in this case.

Ian

Yes, latching or momentary settings of function buttons is done in DCC system not in decoders.

Dial up address of loco then set required function # to latch in this case.

Depends on the command station maker. Some let end users configure keys to be non-latching, some provide certain keys as non-latching, some do something else....

- Nigel

Many thanks for the replies. I now appears obvious, you have saved me a lot of time going down the wrong route. So is is it possible to change the settings on my Lenz system so I can have toggle settings or am I better off just using one of the function buttons that have toggle already set up?

• RMweb Gold

If it is a Set 100 then it's very easy to set up toggled functions.

Call up the loco you wish to set the functions for, these settings are individual for each loco in the stack.

Press "F"

Scroll through using the Plus key until you get to "SET F"

Use the number bittons to choose which functions you want to be latching (the numbers of the functions will display on the screen) and those that you want momentary (the numbers will be off on the screen)

Press "Enter"

The settings will now be saved for THAT LOCO ONLY

Andi

If it is a Set 100 then it's very easy to set up toggled functions.

Call up the loco you wish to set the functions for, these settings are individual for each loco in the stack.

Press "F"

Scroll through using the Plus key until you get to "SET F"

Use the number bittons to choose which functions you want to be latching (the numbers of the functions will display on the screen) and those that you want momentary (the numbers will be off on the screen)

Press "Enter"

The settings will now be saved for THAT LOCO ONLY

Andi

Many thanks Andi problem now solved yet another tweek learnt, DCC never seems to amaze just what can be done.

Malc

Archived