zimo c v 's for Dapols oo class 59

trevora

Dapol have set up their class 59 with lights working in both the

on and off  to give more than six funtions from their decoder

they list 11 cvs to change , but of course they will be different on the zimo decoder

I was hoping paul or nigel may help (swiss mapping may be)

Yes  i have decoder pro And ZCS with my MXULF connected to my pc

but try as i might i only get some lights working

in forward i can get marker lights and tail lights

switch to reverse and with the same F numbers on

i get cab lights

so day or night headlights are not  coming on no matter

how i try

Potential issue 1 =  logic level outputs on decoder, or full voltage output.    I think you've got the correct arrangement with MX634C, and the decoder can be changed to the other output type if it were necessary.  

Programming matters.   It is function output settings.   Start by working through each output one at a time, and see which light(s) it controls.   Were it me, I'd set all the outputs on the function map to "inactive" (no ticks) and then set everything needed in Swiss Mapping.  (But I'm biased, I wrote the Swiss Mapping pane in DecoderPro).   

I've no idea what Dapol have done, they don't seem to have manuals for the Class 59 on their website, or their decoders, so its hard to work out what they intended to happen.    However, if they've setup combinations of functions for certain effects, then the Zimo should be able to do the same if you can work them all back.  

- Nigel

• Like 1

yes that is what i am trying

but swiss mapping is something i have not played with

dapols imperium cvs to change from default are listed as

cv33=1 cv34=4 cv35=119 cv36=64 cv39=16

cv40=32 cv49=32 cv50=32 cv51-0 cv53=32 cv54=32

so if that could be tranlated to zimo it would be great

I Was hoping dapols sound (which is zimo ) might of been by Paul so he would then know

without any more work

Sorry, I'm not going to reverse-engineer what a Dapol decoder does with those settings.   

However, you could do that in DecoderPro if you wished, enter those for a Dapol Imperium decoder (or whatever it really is, possibly something from Lais?), see what the function mapping looks like, and then implement the same for Zimo.  

This may help if you are trying to keep it simple:

CV124 = 128
switches off SUSI for functions 3 & 4.

CV33 = 9
CV34 = 6
maps front and rear lights to F0f and F0r

Then just map whatever other lights you want to F3 and F4

Edited by jamesed
typo correction
  • Agree 1

• 11 months later...

Because this thread comes up on google when searching for info on this loco, I'm going to resurrect it to dump this here...

I've just done the "What does each wire do?" analysis on a Dapol 59/0, and here's the results:

The "Front Light" wire provides power for the lights at the no.1 end. Without this, the lights at this end are off. With this, they will show something ... but what is shown depends on other functions.
The "Rear Light" wire provides power for the lights at the no.2 end. Same caveat as the no.1 end.

FO1 is the direction signal. Powered == loco leading at the no.1 end, unpowered == loco leading at the no.2 end.

So:

F0(f) on it's own gives red lights on the no.1 end.
F0(r) on it's own gives white lights on the no.2 end.
F0(f) + FO1 gives white lights on the no.1 end.
F0(r) + FO1 gives red lights on the no.2 end.

F0(f) + F0(r) at the same time is needed for 'light loco' style lights-on-both-ends, with FO1 active for no.1 end leading and FO1 inactive for no.2 end leading. Decoders don't always expose this option by default, so some CV changes are probably necessary to achieve this.

The standard pattern of white lights shown on a Dapol 59/0 is the main headlights in the centre plus one marker (on the right or 6ft side).

FO2 swaps the marker to the cess side. (In a 59/1 or 59/2 this is probably validly swapping between "day mode" and "night mode" ... but on a 59/0 the edge lights are markers and the headlight is in the centre ... so this doesn't make a lot of sense).
FO3 turns on the cab light -- FO1 controls which end.
FO4 turns off the centre headlight and puts both the side markers on.

There does not appear to be a stock way to get all four white lights on at the same time on a Dapol 59/0, which ... was the normal default configuration while operating. Some hackery may be required to get this working as prototypical.

• RMweb Premium

In the past, I've just done away with the pcb and made my own with a sheet of plasticard. Doing this enabled the lights on an old Hornby cl31 to be switched on and off at will. It might be simpler for you as well.