Chapel Wharf – A 2FS Oldie

Kylestrome

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

it would be interesting to know it's size.

The main baseboard is 94 x 19 cm and folds in the middle. There is a 5.5cm extension which brings the overall length to 99.5cm. The carrying case is 50 x 42 x 15 cm and includes a partitioned tray with most of the rolling stock.

David

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DavidLong said:

I remember operating it when it was guest layout at Scaleforum in 19 . . .

Thanks David, and no, I can't remember the year either. 🤔

The DY1 should really have cowcatchers to go with the side skirts, but I couldn't work out a way of making them at the time. If I was doing it now I would get them etched, but I'll carry on with the excuse that they're half way through removing all the protective bits.

David

• RMweb Gold
On 26/12/2022 at 21:14, Kylestrome said:

Thanks David, and no, I can't remember the year either. 🤔

The DY1 should really have cowcatchers to go with the side skirts, but I couldn't work out a way of making them at the time. If I was doing it now I would get them etched, but I'll carry on with the excuse that they're half way through removing all the protective bits.

David

It was definitely before 1992 as we had a pre-Scaleforum photo session for MRJ in the house previous to where we live now.  A proper old school photo session by Philip Hall,  35mm and 500 watt photofloods!  My guess is 1988 or 1989.

Mark

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, 2mmMark said:

It was definitely before 1992 as we had a pre-Scaleforum photo session for MRJ in the house previous to where we live now.  A proper old school photo session by Philip Hall,  35mm and 500 watt photofloods!  My guess is 1988 or 1989.

I can remember the photo session, but they must have left it an awful long time before putting it in the magazine. The Chapel Wharf article didn’t appear until Christmas 1992 in issue 59. 🤔

David

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Kylestrome said:

I can remember the photo session, but they must have left it an awful long time before putting it in the magazine. The Chapel Wharf article didn’t appear until Christmas 1992 in issue 59. 🤔

David

On reflection, I think it was Scaleforum 1991.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2022 at 19:19, 2mmMark said:

On reflection, I think it was Scaleforum 1991.

Still got the mrj artical it's in my 'inspirational files' folder absolutely brill layout traveled from Yorkshire to railwells to see it...must of watched for a couple of hours on and off after walking round show, a smooth operating layout with interesting moves, do you still have it? Any more 'unpublished' pic's? 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

..... do you still have it? Any more 'unpublished' pic's?

I do indeed still have it. Because it lives in a sealed, purpose-made case it remains unfaded and dust free. I plan to give it a slight 'make over' and a couple of new locos, which may well result in some new photos.

David

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

40 minutes ago, Kylestrome said:

I do indeed still have it. Because it lives in a sealed, purpose-made case it remains unfaded and dust free. I plan to give it a slight 'make over' and a couple of new locos, which may well result in some new photos.

David

Back on exhibition circuit?...fantastic showcase for 2mm