S&DJR Trust Show

PenrithBeacon

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, PenrithBeacon said:

https://www.sdrt.org/edington-model-railway-exhibition/

Not much detail here. Can anyone add something?

Not really - I do know NHY 581 of this parish is exhibiting and this is the UK Model Shops entry:

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/24244-SomersetandDorsetRailwayTrust_Exhibition

Also in the vicinity that weekend is this:

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/24239-WessexAssociationofModelRailwayClubs_Exhibition

Chris H

• RMweb Gold

I popped in today - a very enjoyable few hours - if you can visit tomorrow I would. For a "small" show it had a very good selection of high quality modelling presented by operators who were happy to talk and share knowledge including our very own "Sheepbloke" with his rather fetching dippy layout.

I'd spent two days next to Bridgwater 1904 at Fareham in September but at Edington it was much more accessible and easier to see and photograph. My album of all my quick phone fots is here. Click on the picture for the link:

Somerset and Dorset Railway Trust Exhibition 2023

I also noted there was a considerable selection of cakes but rather foolishly I opted not to indulge....in retrospect it was an error....I should have bought a cake and consumed it while watching some of the excellent S&D footage on DVD being presented in a side room....

Chris H

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Excellent photos Chris, thanks very much.

I went along on Saturday, specifically to see Bridgewater North, and I wasn't disappointed, its superb!  And hats of to Trevor and his team for bringing it all the way from Lancashire.

The show as a whole was very good, with a nice variety of layouts.  I was particularly taken with Fry's Somerdale, a beautifully conceived view of a level crossing; and its got me thinking!

I went in the company of John.C, of Narrow Gauge & Industrial fame, and we DID indulge in the cakes...

Many thanks to the organisers, see you next time.

Cheers, Dave.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/01/2023 at 20:40, SDJR7F88 said:

Always a great little show this one! 

I'll be attending with my OO micro Fry's Somerdale. 

The website seems to have been updated with full details and a downloadable show guide with all layouts and stands set to attend.

https://www.sdrt.org/edington-model-railway-exhibition/

IMG_20230105_202736_728.jpg

Hi Callum,

I really liked this layout, even though I only had a fairly quick look.  Meant to come back for a more detailed look, but ran out of time!

Couple of quick questions if that's ok, do you have any more West-Country shows coming up?

And is there a topic/website for the layout?  I've watched some of your videos, but do you have a photo gallery?

Thanks very much,

Dave.T

On 09/01/2023 at 17:58, DLT said:

Hi Callum,

I really liked this layout, even though I only had a fairly quick look.  Meant to come back for a more detailed look, but ran out of time!

Couple of quick questions if that's ok, do you have any more West-Country shows coming up?

And is there a topic/website for the layout?  I've watched some of your videos, but do you have a photo gallery?

Thanks very much,

Dave.T

Hi Dave, glad you enjoyed your visit and the layout. 

Yes, I do have a topic in here regarding the layout, which can be seen here;

Sadly, I believe most of the images of the build were lost when RMweb went down a while back, but recent posts are present, plus all the videos of the build of course.

As for shows, there are no more currently planned, but I might try and get it in Wincanton later this year, but will have to see. 

• Thanks 1

7th / 8th January 2023 saw the return of the Edington Model Railway Exhibition, hosted by the Somerset & Dorset Trust at Edington Village Hall, Edington, Somerset.
The show featured no less than 11 layouts and dioramas in a variety of gauges and scales, as well as a good selection of trade, demo and society stands. 
Layouts as featured;
SHEEP DIP - OO
QUARRY LANE - EM
MARGATE ROAD - OO
WYLAM PARK - N
BRIDGEWATER 1904 - O
WOODBURY WHARF - OO9
THE DEEPING PROJECT - GMRC LAYOUT - OO / OO9
JURASSIC PARK - GMRC LAYOUT - OO
BURROW MUMP - 1/24 SCALE
GORSAF LLANBOBBLE  - 4MM SCALE / 5MM GAUGE
Hope you enjoy!