Early GWR wagon buffers

Dear all,

Does anyone have, or know where to find, a good/clear drawing of the early GWR wagon buffers - not the tapered ones available from people like ABS and Dart/Mjt, but the ribbed ones that can be seen on the laptop image in this screen grab of @Mikkel's workbench.  (I know he used Dart/MJT but they are either PO ribbed or Fitted GW ribbed). I'd like to to my own CAD drawing for a 3d print.

007.jpg.bcf046ab4a7801607743f4347de43365.jpg.5cad3ac520e28323cf386148f1294727.jpg

Regards - and good modelling for 2023,

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Good and clear, no, but there is this in Atkins et al:

IMG_1843.jpeg.8dac5ffd4c5046e5a64e16a818828ac9.jpeg

It's from a drawing of an 1871 open-verandah brake van.

Are you planning 4mm or 7mm scale? I'd be interested in some 7mm scale ones if that was possible.

Nick.

• Like 2

Nick,

Thanks.

Im kicking myself as I’ve got Atkins! However a larger more detailed GA or engineering drawing would be helpful too for the CAD.

I’m going to do 4mm, but 7mm would be a couple of mouse clicks, so not a problem…

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

Yes, a proper drawing would be much better. I guess the main dimensions (length, diameter) are pretty standard, so with some photos as well, hopefully it will be possible to make something convincing.

I did it the hard way, using Slaters MR buffers, and adding the ribs in plastikard. I'd be delighted to have some printed ones!

IMG_0217.jpg.90f00c4eff95a6ff58a30c495d78b723.jpg

Nick.

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6