RMweb

F20 to F31 Access issue with Zimo Decoder and Z21

JST

I have just fitted a Zimo MS440 sound decoder to my Hornby 9F and all is well..... except I can't operate sounds higher than F19. I have updated the Z21 firmware as the Z21 app. was telling me that sounds F20 to F31were not accessible unless the latest firmware was installed. Still no joy.... any ideas what I have done wrong? The decoder CVs 7&8 are 4 and 145 respectively.

Thanks,

I don't have any Zimo sound decoders but I do use the Z21 and I have a couple of locos with ESU sound decoders.

I'll take a look later and check if I can use F20 to F31.

Regards,

John P

• Thanks 1

I have done some more testing and find that the app will operate F20 and above on a couple of TTS decoders and another Zimo sound decoder so I can only assume that the MS440 is the issue. I tried updating the decoder but it wouldn’t play ball, probably because I have a stay alive fitted. I guess I have to take it apart and try again.

1 hour ago, WIMorrison said:

Are you sure that there are sounds mapped above F20 in the project?

I am working off the sheet supplied by Youchoos so I guess so but I can check with them.

• Like 1

Problem solved (well, more overcome than solved). I simply did a decoder reset which I guess I should have done before and all is restored. Interestingly , not only do F20 to F31 now work but also some random sounds that were missing before (although I had not realised this) have now appeared such as automatic cylinder purging on start up!