Source of Triang / Triang-Hornby / Hornby M7 collector plates

plasticbasher

I acquired a Triang M7 chassis in a job lot of bits; it had clearly spent a few decades lurking on a shelf in a dusty and damp garage or loft.

Having got the X03 motor running again (really surprisingly sweetly) I am now faced with the problem of the chassis collector plate (part ref X.627).  These look very similar to the same item on a Triang L1 or 2P (part ref X.444). 

The screws on the old one were over-tightened and the plastic has cracked, warped and crumbled under the pressure.

The shape of these collector plates is a bit more complicated than many equivalent parts on other Triang loco's as they contain indents for routing wiring and swinging bogie / trailing truck arms, so although I could make one out of a couple of pieces of plasticard laminated together, I'd be interested in buying one if possible.

From some quite extensive googling they appear to be as rare as the proverbial rocking horse effluent.  I've found a number of posts like this one dating back 15 years on various forums wondering about replacements.

Is anyone aware of a source of supply (ie. a 3D printed replacement)?

Cheers,

plasticbasher

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, plasticbasher said:

From some quite extensive googling they appear to be as rare as the proverbial rocking horse effluent.  I've found a number of posts like this one dating back 15 years on various forums wondering about replacements.

Just checked my stocks, no joy I’m afraid ☹️

I knocked one up using plasticard. 3 pieces of sheet, one with the V, middle one for strength and thickness and the last for the step under. Glued them all together. Drill for the wire and inserted a small self tapper to solder the piano wire pick ups to. Be quick with the solder though!