Weston Super Mare 15 January

Gilbert

15th January 2023 saw the return of the Weston-Super-Mare Model Railway Exhibition hosted by the Burnham & District Model Railway Club at the Winterstoke Academy, Weston-Super-Mare, Somerset.
The show featured no less than 21 visiting and club layouts, plus dioramas in a variety of gauges and scales, as well as a good selection of trade, demo and society stands. 
Layouts as featured;
WANTAGE TRAMWAY - OO9
AXE VALLEY MILL - O
ROLVENDEN - P4
OXFORD ROAD - OO
PEASENHALL WEST MPD - N
CHEDDARD - P4
JÄSTRA - H0
ROSSITER RISE - OO
STREATWELL GREEN  - OO
BRIDGE STREET - N
END OF THE LINE  - 7MM / O/014
ROBRIDGE - OO
BRIDGEBURY GATE - N
BUNKER LANE - 7MM NG
ASHWOOD BASIN - O
GLR LAYOUT - 7MM / NG
SODAM HALL - 09
BURROW MUMP - 1/24 SCALE
ABERDOVEY - 7MM / NG
RED HOOK BAY - H0
Hope you enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rich Papper said:

Thanks for the video Callum - I didn't see most of them!

Rich

Is that because of the crowds! Corr! Blimey it was busy as bad as warley, I went for dinner in the pub across the road and came back later when the crowds had gone down,,good show with good layouts, it might have been busy in the morning.but it was good to see loads of families with kids being shown our hobby 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Graham456 said:

Is that because of the crowds! Corr! Blimey it was busy as bad as warley, I went for dinner in the pub across the road and came back later when the crowds had gone down,,good show with good layouts, it might have been busy in the morning.but it was good to see loads of families with kids being shown our hobby 

I was helping with a layout that needed us "out front"....it was certainly busy......how was the pub out of interest?

Chris H

4 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

I was helping with a layout that needed us "out front"....it was certainly busy......how was the pub out of interest?

Chris H

Well it was a marstons where I had a not to bad roast and my wife a stake and ale pie with mash, normally I eat from the Land Rover burger bar that’s outside the door when it’s at the burnham show and that’s good as well (country bumpkins catering)

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Graham456 said:

Well it was a marstons where I had a not to bad roast and my wife a stake and ale pie with mash, normally I eat from the Land Rover burger bar that’s outside the door when it’s at the burnham show and that’s good as well (country bumpkins catering)

They were excellent  but queuing for exhibitors food with a token was not very practical - we ate about 2.25pm when the queues died down...having said that we did treat ourselves to breakfast rolls at opening time...

34 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

They were excellent  but queuing for exhibitors food with a token was not very practical - we ate about 2.25pm when the queues died down...having said that we did treat ourselves to breakfast rolls at opening time...

Yes I think the popularity of the show in the morning would have pleased the show organisers, the food from the Land Rover is of good quality and not muckdonnalds,I will double check at the next Burnham. Show ( by double check you can take that as two visits to the Land Rover with a thatched roof !

by the way the wife had a  steak and ale pie not a stake ! As I said in my last post 

Edited by Graham456

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/01/2023 at 21:13, Gilbert said:

Yes sorry about that.  We were surprised by how busy it was!   We did want to use the school's catering but they didn't want to know.  For next year we are looking at a tea and coffee van as well to keep the queues down at the food van.     And maybe exhibitor sandwiches...but who wants that when you can have a Bumpkins burger.  The products are farm shop quality.  Thanks for helping with Bunkers Lane .  I didn't manage to see all the exhibits that well,  just too busy so nice to see some photos and of course Callum's video.

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Mark Savage said:

Yes sorry about that.  We were surprised by how busy it was!   We did want to use the school's catering but they didn't want to know.  For next year we are looking at a tea and coffee van as well to keep the queues down at the food van.     And maybe exhibitor sandwiches...but who wants that when you can have a Bumpkins burger.  The products are farm shop quality.  Thanks for helping with Bunkers Lane .  I didn't manage to see all the exhibits that well,  just too busy so nice to see some photos and of course Callum's video.

Mark - the comment was meant to be constructive  - the food from the van was top notch and worth queuing for with vefry friendly servers - we had a number of us so I did the waiting thing but lone exhibitors may have struggled a bit.....and it wasn't raining..just saying.
See you next year!

Chris

18 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Mark - the comment was meant to be constructive  - the food from the van was top notch and worth queuing for with vefry friendly servers - we had a number of us so I did the waiting thing but lone exhibitors may have struggled a bit.....and it wasn't raining..just saying.
See you next year!

Chris

Chris I take all comments as constructive.    We have thought about a Gazebo....but it could blow away!    We are also looking at an alternative venue in Weston.  It may not be any good.  And thanks for your support for next year.  I enjoy organising the shows and it is a pleasure to feature top notch models.

• Like 1