Heljan o gauge class 31 Dcc fitting help

Markwj

• RMweb Gold

So I got myself a cheap class 31 and thought I would try to fit the Laisdcc large scale decoder for o gauge. Opened up the body and was presented with this lot!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a guide have tried Googling with no success.

Thanks in advance. I have dcc fitted and hard wired OO locos before but this is another level

cheers

mark

7FCE085A-27A1-41B3-9D3D-E099ADF2AC95.jpeg

B8C20D72-B676-4714-BA40-2E2C1B85AC9F.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I know how you feel sometimes it does look daunting faced with all those electric Gismo’s 🥴

Basically in theory you don’t need the Heljan PCB board so firstly take a couple pictures of where the wires go and as you unclip the wires from the board mark each one with a bit of masking tape as to its function . From the pic your model has correct wiring colour codes for the motor and pick ups so it should be orange and grey to the motor red and black to the track . For the other wires you should have a fitting instruction sheet …plus  functions …I do know that some suppliers tell you to go on line but I think a proper a set should be supplied. Just remember when you fit the motors they should be going in opposite directions I tend to mark the fly wheel with a marker pen to indicate direction of travel 

Edited by gismorail

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, gismorail said:

I know how you feel sometimes it does look daunting faced with all those electric Gismo’s 🥴

Basically in theory you don’t need the Heljan PCB board so firstly take a couple pictures of where the wires go and as you unclip the wires from the board mark each one with a bit of masking tape as to its function . From the pic your model has correct wiring colour codes for the motor and pick ups so it should be orange and grey to the motor red and black to the track . For the other wires you should have a fitting instruction sheet …plus  functions …I do know that some suppliers tell you to go on line but I think a proper a set should be supplied. Just remember when you fit the motors they should be going in opposite directions I tend to mark the fly wheel with a marker pen to indicate direction of travel 

Thank you I did manage and have posted in the Heljan 31 thread I think, I took it wire by wire and by some miracle it works! It ain’t pretty though with wires everywhere though. Had to use a choc block too but now can’t remember why! Thanks for your reply though.

1953C4F0-216F-48DA-9F52-F694CB383EF6.jpeg