NCB colliery in O gauge

Hi  Colin k  The layout is  built as  a one pice . total inc  fid yard is 55ins  long by 16ins wide  traverser is 23 ins long  and secnic section is 32 ins long . my only regret is i should have built  traverser and  scenic section as to seperate  parts for easy storage 

• Thanks 1

Hi  Neil .  That must have been great  growing up next  to the  railway way . i have allways had a interrest in  Harton  eletric railway  ever since i 1st saw a picture of the locos etc  in a magazine  years ago . the loco i have is a  boddy shell from the 3D factory  mounted on a Dapol steam sentinel chassi . i have yet to finish it off . i have got another one  that will make a pair . i allso  have plans to re mount  this kit i brought of  E Bay  some time ago it will of course have a respray to make it look more NCB and i am thinking of mount ing it on a XION  Fowler  chassi as the power bogie that came with it are  a bit more than my skils can do but thats  all for a bit later .

20220915_164359.jpg

20221205_163528.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all . its been a good few weeks . since i last started showing some pics of my new project . so a bit of a up date . biggest change i have made is to totaly reduce the size . i was never really content  with the lenth . to me it was over stretching  my view of a micro  layout . so with a lot of ummm and rrrr ing ive  removed 8 ins  off the end . so the senic  section is  now only 2ft .. i have worked out that even with this lenth i can still shunt around 5 wagons . it now means i will have 2 make up a new end pannel .. i have saved the end buildings so i shouldnt  take long to restore . allso the two road traverser  has been cut off the end so it will be much easyer to store away . there is also the loading hopper still to conplete . so loads more to go yet  . hope the pics upload in the right order 

IMG-20230213-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20230213-WA0001.jpg

20230213_141627.jpg

20230213_122459.jpg

20230213_160857.jpg

20230213_160713.jpg

20230213_160746.jpg

20230213_160823.jpg

• Like 5

well its food for thought . it was on my list for a long time . if you stick to just small locos steam or diesel or even electric in my case . there is so much out there ready to run  . i started with a Dapol 08 and use the peco o gauge settrack point and track . ime well hooked now ,

• 3 weeks later...

One of the main parts of my layout was to have a try at a electric loco so hopefully this may be of some use to any body that may be thinking of haveing a go  and how i did mine . basicly  i needed a chassi  some thing small  . the best candidate  i could find was the Dapol  steam sentinel  the body shell was taken off and the internal  fittings removed . i had a good idea of the loco type i wanted . one of the small siemans  electrics  . and could have probly  scratch built one , but to get things on the move i contacted The 3 D  factory  found on E bay  and a chap called Dave  replyed  to my request  and said send the chassi in and ile see what i can do . few weeks later a pakaged arrived back .. i was reall pleased with the end result . . i hope the pictures  show how it started off . i have made a few altrerations my self  mainly on the chassi i removed the sand boxes and steps . and made up my own  side frames . some new replacement axle boxes were fixed on and the sand boxes glued back in new positions . after cleaning the new body shell it was given a coat of halfords grey primer then i used halfords yellow filler primer  . i have added  some warning stripes  at the front to brake up the yellow . roof and a patograph were added  and a few other bits to finish it off  . it is fitted with a 21 pin  decoder  and a high power stay a live . and it runs like a dream . all that needs to be done now is the cab glaze ing  fitted and a good weather ing  . i will add some more pics after i have got on with that  . 

20230219_163222.jpg

20230219_163233.jpg

20230219_163251.jpg

20230219_163141.jpg

20230219_163124.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just a small up date i have just about  got round to finishing off the electric loco  . its had some small  bits added  a horn  and  a vac pipe . then i have given it a good run down weathering  look  with whashes  of arcyrlic paint  and weathering powders .  loads  more work to do yet  . one thing  i have been  thinking is the layout has taken on the  look  of a   ( CEGB ) power station more than a NCB  colliery  so it may end up with a change of name ? , another  thing  that i have dropped out the plan  was a half constructed  coal loading hopper  which you can see in previous  pics . . to me it was to much of a view block . and it was not built with the best of my achivements  in a nut shell  a right bodge 😏 so its been scrapped . any way hope you like the pics . more to come later 

20230317_151844.jpg

20230317_152220.jpg

20230317_152256.jpg

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1