Posting in this area is restricted to RMweb Gold members only.

Merseyrail class 507/508 current day style bodies .

• RMweb Premium

Merseyrail class 507/508 current day style bodies .

Today Monday 23rd January 2023 we had the first introduction in passenger carrying service of the new Stadler class 777  Merseyrail electric multiple units designed to replace the ageing class 507/508 emu’s.

The first unit has ran today carrying passengers the mayor and members of the press.

Sadly very shortly we will see the gradual demise of the class 507/508 units that have ran on the Merseyrail network for over 42 years from brand new.

Hopefully some will be preserved once they are all withdrawn, and I’m sure they will be sorely missed.

The version in the photos is the current style headlights that the units have had since 2004 to present day these are round and painted with a black oval around them on the real thing.

i also can supply these with the original headlight style and the midlife refurbished style headlight that has the raised square high intensity headlight.

All other parts are available to complete such as etched nickel silver window frames, floors, bogie sideframes and underframe components.

Electra railway graphics do liveried vinyl overlays designed to perfectly fit my bodies in some of the Merseyrail liveries.

The price is £30 per body.

These are 3d printed in high definition uv cured grey resin.

I have had the current style headlights modelled so at least the class 507/508 can live on in 4mm scale as a model.

pvt message me if interested in purchasing.

• Advertiser
    piranha240
  • Date
    23/01/23
  • Price
    £30
  • Category

• Craftsmanship/clever 1