0.5mm square profile metal rod

Hi everyone, 

I've hunted high and low online, so I'm guessing the answer is no, but you never know, someone may have better Google-fu skills or know an alternative! 

I'm after brass or nickel silver rod, in a square profile of around 0.5mm size. I want it to make stanchions for my steel wagons. 

There's plenty of plastic, metal tube and rod out there in similar sizes, but I haven't seen a single product of 0.5mm square profile. I've tried listings for Albion Alloys and K&S metals in particular.

If I'm after a product that doesn't exist, are there any alternatives people have used? Perhaps sewing pins with a square shank or something similar may exist?

Many thanks

Jo

Which steel wagons are you fitting the stanchions to Jo?

The ones fitted to BAA/BBA/BDA wagons were 1.5 inch x 3 inch RHS in 4 and 6 foot lengths. In a previous job I ordered thousands of them for delivery to Lackenby.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Waveydavey said:

Which steel wagons are you fitting the stanchions to Jo?

The ones fitted to BAA/BBA/BDA wagons were 1.5 inch x 3 inch RHS in 4 and 6 foot lengths. In a previous job I ordered thousands of them for delivery to Lackenby.

Thanks all for the suggestions, I'll do some investigating.

As for what wagons, all of the above! Thats really useful having the sizes, 3 inches scaled down to N is 0.51 mm so looks like my estimatiation wasn't far off. I've got a mix of kit built and RTR, and the RTR stuff has plastic stanchions that snap over time.

Jo