N Gauge Layout Newcastle DCC

Chrisjh

A belated happy new year to everyone. My apologies in advance for possibly posting this in the incorrect forum. I am reluctantly thinking of selling my Superb modern image DCC Model Railway layout "NewCastle" with a curved platform canopy, four track layout with a Motive power depot and a high level town and full fiddle yard. Also want to sell my entire N Gauge Stock, partly because I am moving but also because I am moving back to OO Gauge. Just wondering where the best place to sell this, as I want to avoid eBay. 

Best Wishes and many thanks, 

Chris 

DSCN0234.JPG

DSCN0196.JPG

DSCN0225.JPG

DSCN0189.JPG

Edited by Chrisjh
  • Like 1

• Chrisjh changed the title to N Gauge Layout Newcastle DCC
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

you have options such as Hatton/Rails etc.. but they won’t given you market price. I’d suggest taking out the Gold membership on here, which as well as supporting rmWeb, gives you access to a whole range of magazines to read digitally and gives you access to the For Sale forum on here. Alternatively, the N Gauge Forum has a selling option, or a purchase a one-off stand at one of the Toy & Train Fairs that are held regularly around the country.

Also depends on whether you one to sell to one person or split the collection, and how much time you want to spend dealing with it. May be post a general list of the stock, nothing detailed just give people an overview. The layout might be more difficult to sell depending on its size and what’s included.

For anything online make sure you have photos of the items so people are in no doubt what your selling, and if it’s damaged or not perfect (looks or running quality) in anyway be honest!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

Rails, Hattons and any dealer purchasing your stock need to make a profit on the transaction.

As a result what they offer you is nothing like what you think the stock is worth, this is something you need to bear in mind when dealing with them.  I have sold one lot to Rails and got what I expected, possibly because I included an N gauge Peak which at the time were going for silly money and I probably undervalued it's worth to them.  But subsequent approaches to Hattons and Rails gave me much less good value and I went down the Ebay route with sensible prices that I was prepared to accept and all but one coach eventually sold.

Get a £1 max fees or 80% off fees deal and it can be quite good business selling on Ebay.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, woodenhead said:

Get a £1 max fees or 80% off fees deal and it can be quite good business selling on Ebay.

Would agree entirely - not seen a fees deal in a while tho now?

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Many thanks Guys, I am now going to donate this superb layout and some of the trains to a Children's charity, maybe a Hospice , a Childrens Home or to a family where the Child is seriously unwell who would enjoy a lovely N Gauge Layout. I have had so much fun with this layout it would be wonderful if we could someone who would get as much pleasure as I have done in this wonderful hobby of ours. If anybody has any ideas that would be much appreciated.  

Best Wishes to everyone,

Chris

• Round of applause 1

I tried some of my N gauge stock on E-Bay as a toe dip in the water exercise and being based in Australia, I got signal digit views and zero bids. Whilst the deals from Hattons aren't great, they are convenient when you want to shift stock. Not sure they'd take an entire layout though! Good luck with whatever approach you take!

Edited by Jon Harbour
Typos - fat fingers!