Layout Photography - Sony cx 6000 Settings

Trying to get some decent images of my layout with a Sony cx6000, Anyone got an ideal starting setting for this, the thing is so complicated to one just used to point and shoot using Auto settings.

I know I need a Tripod and to improve lighting. Images attached are best I can get using Auto.DSC02009.JPG.b306567ca0717aedb4948506f53923d9.JPGDSC02015.JPG.051a99b68f38111fe976090efa0c48a2.JPG

• RMweb Gold

I suspect the camera is a Sony Alpha 6000. It uses a Sony 24 MP Exmor sensor, and that means you've got heaps of quality if you can learn to use it. 

Sony menus from that generation are famously difficult. This video might help you learn a little about what and how. Make use of depth of field - how much of the photo is in focus, near to far - by using small apertures like f8 and f11. You should find apertures are quoted in the viewfinder and the rear display, along with shutter speeds and a lot of other data. Beware of battery life - I have a couple of Sonys with that battery and it loses charge quickly. 

22 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

I suspect the camera is a Sony Alpha 6000. It uses a Sony 24 MP Exmor sensor, and that means you've got heaps of quality if you can learn to use it. 

Sony menus from that generation are famously difficult. This video might help you learn a little about what and how. Make use of depth of field - how much of the photo is in focus, near to far - by using small apertures like f8 and f11. You should find apertures are quoted in the viewfinder and the rear display, along with shutter speeds and a lot of other data. Beware of battery life - I have a couple of Sonys with that battery and it loses charge quickly. 

Many thanks, will try to digest it.