Marklin Hamo Class 103

andyman7

I was pleased to find this Marklin Hamo Class 103 model, boxed and with instructions plus the silver 'tag' last weekend whilst browsing stalls at the Longfield model railway exhibition. Marklin Hamo is like Dublo 2-Rail - it gives me a chance to run models from an otherwise incompatible system on my layout. The picture box is very attractive and the model, although old school, oozes quality.

PXL_20230129_181221573.jpg

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

I was pleased to find this Marklin Hamo Class 103 model, boxed and with instructions plus the silver 'tag' last weekend whilst browsing stalls at the Longfield model railway exhibition. Marklin Hamo is like Dublo 2-Rail - it gives me a chance to run models from an otherwise incompatible system on my layout. The picture box is very attractive and the model, although old school, oozes quality.

PXL_20230129_181221573.jpg

Love 'old school' model railways!

• Like 1

Marklin always made classy models of high quality. When I was younger I wanted a Marklin model railway as I loved the red chassis on the German steam locos. But my parents said they were too expensive and I had to stick to Triang. Then they bought me a Riverossi Bigboy to placate me. Go figure that one.... :). I still have the Bigboy boxed but unfortunately a none runner due to the chassis breaking up with mazac rot. Where can you get a replacement chassis for a 1970s Bigboy?

Edited by cypherman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...