Modern Image shunting layout -on a budget!

Decided to make a thread for my layout since I thought it might force me to actually get on with it and build the bloody thing. Picsart_23-02-05_17-07-04-590.jpg.10864dcbbc9257137aa53dd923c616f4.jpgI've already got a basic idea of the track plan, I've laid some track down as you can see below, and I've added some wagons just so I can get a feel of what space I've got to deal with and what things I can run. The idea currently is for a freight based layout, I want to use those wooden blocks up and make some kind of loading dock type thing. Still need to buy some more points.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, tubs01 said:

Decided to make a thread for my layout since I thought it might force me to actually get on with it and build the bloody thing. Picsart_23-02-05_17-07-04-590.jpg.10864dcbbc9257137aa53dd923c616f4.jpgI've already got a basic idea of the track plan, I've laid some track down as you can see below, and I've added some wagons just so I can get a feel of what space I've got to deal with and what things I can run. The idea currently is for a freight based layout, I want to use those wooden blocks up and make some kind of loading dock type thing. Still need to buy some more points.

With what you have there is the basis of a 5 wagon Inglenook shunting plank. 3 sidings and a headshunt, check out the specifications on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglenook_Sidings and other options on-line including YouTube videos.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1