Blackburn show is moving!

newbryford

• RMweb Gold

Lots of visitors appreciated our Road Signs.

Following is from email to our Secretary :

" Congratulations on a good show. There are three things I particularly appreciated. The first is the better and more even lighting of the new venue.

The second is that more of the operators initiated conversations with the visitors than at the King George's Hall. Perhaps this was because they could see them clearly and recognise the signs that they wanted to ask questions or make comments.

The third is the signage as I approached from the south via the M66 / A56. Your team had done an excellent job putting up advance warning and confirmation-after-a-turn signs. (If only the officers of Stockport Council were as tolerant.) They were well-sited and therefore well-sighted. This was a great help since I was using a 3 miles to an inch map on which the urban roads were badly defined. It was only on the way home that I got lost! "

I've just found one of the signs which hadn't been collected.

Home for the step ladder etc, and it's safely in the back of the car now.

Ready for next Sepember....... :D

Steve.

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

The car parking was a bit "stressed", on Saturday in particular, but local street parking was possible.

As all parking throughout Accrington is free of charge, there were no financial penalties from having to park a short stroll away.

We expect to have better "overflow" parking for next year.

Following last year's experience at our new venue, we've spent a lot of time trying to find some off-site parking for exhibitors, traders and our members.

We approached three major businesses which have large (in one case emormous) parking lots which are under-utilised at weekends.

Without exception, we were refused on "Health & Safety" grounds.

However we have been much more successful with the local school. They are providing the use of their hard standing area for all our Exibitors, Traders and Members' vehicles. This will be within a locked security fenced area and under the school's control.

The net result should be up to about One Hundred extra visitors' vehicles will be able to park on the Centre's car park.

If even this is insufficient, the local street parking is still available and free of charge.

Steve.

Archived