Spare nuts and bolts

55F

I am attempting to repair/restore a number of Hornby/Bachmann locos for my Grandson......he breaks 'em and yes you got, I attempt to fix 'em!.  I am needing a job lot of mainly bolts for fixing various mechanical parts.  I had hoped that I would stumble on such a job lot on Ebay.  I hoped in vain!  Can anybody point me towards a possible source please?  Any help will be very much appreciated.

Get some BA bolts and BA taps and drills  8/10/12BA  should do. and drill and tap the holes to suit.  BA bolts are readily available.  The original bolts are anything but standard but old laptop computers etc can provide some suitable bolts if you have hoarded the old ones hoping for a miracle cure for their ailments.     The old Triang based Hornby locos are very repairable  (8/10/12 BA bolts) but the later ones are anything but standardised..  The Hornby Dublo and G R Wrenn chassis used odd size BA bolts  5 and 7 BA.     Best of luck repairing  Bachmann and 2000 era Hornby I have wasted many hours on these.  Fitting a re wheeled 1960's Triang or 1950s H/D chassis is my favoured fix.  The Bachmann split chassis need redesigning with pickups and some Hornby chassis crumbled to small nuggets.

• Agree 1