Modern Air Brake Pipes

Good Evening

For my new stabling point layout i want to fit full buffer beam detailing on my locos. Now i know many of them come with detail packs but some seem to be quote poor and chunky. As i would like to get some standardization amongst my locos i would like to use common parts but apart from the replica railways pipes i haven't seen anyone doing loco brake pipes so i wonder what do other people use to detail their buffer beams?

The same goes for screw link couplings. The last time i modeled in OO you had either Smiths, which werent that great or Romford which seemed rather over scale to me.

Any advice would be most welcome on the subject as i have been out of the OO modelling world for well over a decade and i know times have certainly changed.

Hi

Thanks for the reply. They certainly look perfect for my needs. Do you have a link for these as i cant find any reference on eBay for these. 

Also i wasn't aware Accurascale offered the screw link separately and they seem reasonable value.

I give them a gentle wash using a cheap kitchen cream cleaner and (an old) toothbrush. A coat of grey primer (Tamiya fine aerosol is my preferred choice) then a top coat of Matt black. Finished off by painting the pipe end couplings either red, white or yellow.