Scale dilemma - model boat

• RMweb Gold

Just put the hull in place to get an idea and I think it looks do-able

The archive photo gives an idea of the look I'm going for.............(eventually!)

J

IMG_2153.JPG

uk-england-isle-of-wight-bembridge-harbour-houseboat-converted-from-CF1HMF.jpg

• Like 2

t's a nice pipe dream but sooner or later you have to lean over it and either de mast it or drag the whole thing onto the floor.   Other thing is most quay sides the water goes up and down, Ok Bude  doesn;'t but that's not GWR, so an adjustable shelf/water level would be good for getting pictures as the ship sometimes towers above the quay and six hours later is way down below it.   I thought about buildng a ship, but to quote "Alas Smith and Jones"  Thought about it, couldn't be bothered but it's the thought that counts.

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, DCB said:

t's a nice pipe dream but sooner or later you have to lean over it and either de mast it or drag the whole thing onto the floor.   Other thing is most quay sides the water goes up and down, Ok Bude  doesn;'t but that's not GWR, so an adjustable shelf/water level would be good for getting pictures as the ship sometimes towers above the quay and six hours later is way down below it.   I thought about buildng a ship, but to quote "Alas Smith and Jones"  Thought about it, couldn't be bothered but it's the thought that counts.

That's why I went for this solution as it won't have any masts rig etc to cause that problem.........😉

• RMweb Gold

The first photo is of a similar, probably ex-RAF or RN, craft. The second could show a way of presenting the rise and fall by hiding the join between quayside and water with  pontoon - perhaps placing it a bit closer to the quay. It also gets over the problem of the mooring lines needing to stretch as the water level sinks.

Rye East Sussex 5 7 2010.JPG

High tide low tide Newhaven.jpg

Edited by phil_sutters
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Update - this is as far as I will go with it for now .................

I think the "flavour" is right

J

IMG_2180.JPG

Edited by halsey
update